Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeEntertainmentLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inCAR@CHIBUF@CINTEN@CLEDET@DALPIT@HOUNO@JACMIN@KCSF@PHIWSH@STLNYG@ARIATL@SEADEN@GBNE@OAKMIA@SDNYJ@BALIND@TBTruTVMTVCChcCol. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison 6kUrM

Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
toxicbuffy

toxicbuffy

Money : 9

Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison Empty
PostSubject: Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison   Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:02 pm

BELLEVILLE, Ont. — Col. Russell Williams, sentenced to two concurrent life sentences for the murder of two women who he killed after prolonged sexual assaults, is an emotionless serial killer, Judge Robert Scott said Thursday.

Scott, addressing Williams after he apologized in a shaky voice to a packed Belleville courtroom, said the disgraced air force officer may be best described as "Canada's bright, shining lie."

The women he murdered — Jessica Lloyd and Cpl. Marie-France Comeau — did not have to die, the judge said, saying while he found him sincere, Williams is a sick man and an emotionless serial killer.

Emotions were thick earlier in the packed courtroom when Williams stood.

"Your honour. I know the crimes I have committed have traumatized many people," Williams said.

"Most will find it impossible to accept, but the fact is I very deeply regret what I've done," he told the court in a short statement after the Crown and defence had made their submissions.

Williams was sniffing, holding a tissue in his hand as he said he has betrayed friends, family and the Canadian Forces.

He said he "ended two vibrant, cherished and innocent lives."

Outside court after Williams was led away to Kingston Penitentiary, the family of Lloyd said they were happy the ordeal was over.

Lloyd's mother, Roxanne, said justice was served.

"It's over, it's done with and we're going to go home," her brother, Andrew, said.

He said he doesn't care what stipulations Williams faces and "as long as he dies in jail, I'm happy."

Williams pleaded guilty this week to two murders, two sexual assaults and more than 80 counts of break, enter and theft of women's lingerie.

On the sexual assault and confinement charges he faced, Scott sentenced him to 10 years on each count.

At a news conference at Canadian Forces Base Trenton, where Williams had been base commander until his arrest in February, Lt.-Gen. Andre Deschamps, chief of the air staff, said Williams would not face a separate court martial.

However he said the process will now begin to dismiss Williams from the Canadian Forces, recover his pay since the date of his arrest and strip him of his medals.

He said there was no foundation to removing his $60,000-a-year pension.

"We will never forget Marie-France Comeau, Jessica Lloyd or all the other victims. Our thoughts and prayers will always be with them."

Deschamps said Williams has dealt a severe blow to the morale of Forces members, but that there was no way to predict his crimes.

He called Williams an "aberration."

"A man of tremendous capacities, a professional . . . I still can't reconcile the two individuals we have seen - the professional and the criminal who is in prison now," he said.

He said the Forces have reviewed their files on Williams and that nothing was missed that might have indicated he was capable of carrying out such crimes.

"It's a human process. It's not perfect, but it's sound," he said, suggesting the military may need to further review its selection and promotion process.

"Clearly we need to learn what we can from this awful tragedy," he said.

In his summations at Williams' sentencing hearing in Belleville Thursday, Crown Attorney Lee Burgess called the disgraced former commander of Canada's busiest air base one of the worst criminals in Canadian history.

In his submission, Williams' lawyer, Michael Edelson, said the victims' families' pain is unimaginable.

He said Williams has reduced the turmoil by pleading guilty.

Edelson said "the act of pleading guilty is a rarity."

Williams co-operated with the police, and his confession was extremely detailed, his lawyer said.
© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen
Back to top Go down
t9xpsycho

t9xpsycho

Money : 5

PostSubject: Re: Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison   Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Sad world
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mobmayne
KevinMC

KevinMC

Money : 8
Location : 1934 East Aneheim All The Windows Are Busted Out And It's Like A Free For All Here....

PostSubject: Re: Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison   Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Fucking Crazy Canooks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison   Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison Empty

Back to top Go down

Col. Russell Williams apologizes, gets life in prison
Page 1 of 1